The Sector Forum Energy Management aims to:
- enable participation of CEN and CENELEC members in the identification of standardization needs with respect to energy management;
- facilitate coordination and information exchange between the various CEN and CENELEC technical bodies working on energy management issues;
- liaise with relevant industry and professional European organizations, facilitate exchange of information between energy experts and establish an interface with the European Commission;
- investigate and evaluate standardization needs in relation to the objectives of European legislation dealing with energy management and promote the issuing of mandates by the European Commission when relevant;
- analyse strategic developments and issues in the marketplace, especially future challenges relating to development of new advanced technologies related to energy efficiency and savings, renewable and alternative energy sources, appliances and systems in close connection with research framework programmes;
- analyse strategic developments related to regulation and standardization, in as far as these may impact on the specific work priorities and the standardization process.
The Sector Forum normally meets three times per year. The Secretariat of the Sector Forum is provided by AFNOR (French Standardization Body).
In order to have an exchange of views on specific subjects or to examine the possibility to carry out standardization activities on new areas, the Sector Forum can establish working groups. As a result of the recommendations of these groups, new standardization activities were started in areas, such as guarantees of origin and energy certificates, benchmarking methodologies on energy use in industry and other subsectors or energy audits.
SFEM Seminar 2019: Blockchain in the energy sector: challenges and opportunities on Thursday 24 October in Brussels