'LIGHT', a short-term Coordination Group, was created to coordinate and advise on standardization activities for different standardization requests (also known as mandates) related to light.
- M/485 Mandate to CEN, CENELEC and ETSI for standardization in the field of fluorescent lamps, high-intensity discharge lamps, ballasts and luminaires able to operate such lamps (with the exception for the elaboration of procedures and methods of measuring the luminaire maintenance factor (LMF) for street and office lighting and the utilization factor (UF) for street lighting. These are internally coordinated by CEN/TC 169/WG 14 in the context of the specific grant agreement for an action SA/CEN/ENTR/EFTA/485/2013-09, which reports to the CEN-CENELEC Coordination Group 'Light');
- M/519 Mandate addressed to CEN, CENELEC and ETSI to develop standardization in the field of light emitting diodes (LEDs);
- Amendment N°3 to M/495 'Details of request to CEN, CENELEC and ETSI for standardization in the field of electrical lamps related equipment under Commission Regulations 244/2009, 874/2012 and 1194/2012'.
Moreover, the work under these mandates was coordinated with the work (and existing Coordination Group) under M/495 “Standardization mandate to CEN, CENELEC et ETSI under Directive 2009/125/EC relating to harmonized standards in the field of Ecodesign”.
Multiple TCs in CEN and CENELEC can be involved in this work. At this stage, possible involvement of the following TCs was identified:
- TC 23BX - Switches, boxes and enclosures for household and similar purposes, plugs and socket outlets for d.c. and for the charging of electrical vehicles including their connectors;
- TC 34A - Lamps;
- TC 34Z - Luminaires and associated equipment;
- TC 205 - Home and Building Electronic Systems (HBES)
- TC 169 - Light and lighting
- TC 247 -Building Automation, Controls and Building Management
Download CEN-CENELEC Coordination Group 'LIGHT' TERMS OF REFERENCE (pdf format, 2015-02-17)