The CEN-CENELEC-ETSI Sector Forum on Smart and Sustainable Cities and Communities (SF-SSCC), created in January 2017, is a long-term joint group of the ESOs that acts as an advisory and coordinating body for the European standardization activities related to SSCC.
The CEN-CENELEC-ETSI Sector Forum on Smart and Sustainable Cities and Communities (SF-SSCC), created in January 2017, is a long-term joint group of the ESOs that acts as an advisory and coordinating body for European standardization activities related to SSCC.
Specifically the SF-SSCC:
- Liaise with relevant international initiatives (i.e. ISO, IEC and ITU) and prepare an overview on suitable standards already publicly available at national, European and international level
- Analyse and recommend standards for development, implementation, adaptation, or revision by CEN, CENELEC and ETSI
- Organize events on standardization activities for smart and sustainable cities open to relevant stakeholders in order to collect needs and share best practice
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant European initiatives (such as for example the European Innovation Partnership (EIP) on Smart Cities
- Identify and give due consideration to European innovation/research projects which might have an impact
- Advise stakeholders on any strategic issues and developments concerning standardization on SSCC
- Inform on latest legislative developments occurring at the EC level (if any) and on the status of standardization work undertaken by relevant European Technical Bodies
- Propose actions to raise awareness of the ESOs on the importance of standards as a key element for a smart and sustainable development of cities and communities across Europe
The SF-SSCC is composed of Members and Observers:
- CEN members (NSBs), CENELEC members (NCs) and ETSI representation
- Representatives of relevant Technical Bodies in CEN, CENELEC, ETSI
- Partner organizations of CEN and CENELEC
- Representatives of relevant ESOs’ joint advisory bodies having an interest (coordination group/focus groups/sector forum
- CEN and CENELEC Management Centre
- ETSI Secretariat
- Representatives from European cities and communities’ networks and/or related associations developers and urban professionals as agreed upon by the SF –SSCC members
- European Commission (e.g. DG GROW, DG CONNECT, DG ENER, DG ENV, DG MOVE) and EFTA Secretariat
- Representatives of ISO, IEC, ITU, JTC1
In addition, by agreement of the Sector Forum, representatives of relevant organizations may be invited, on ad-hoc exceptional basis, by the SF-SSCC Chairperson and Secretariat to attend specific meetings.
The Secretariat of the Coordination Group is provided by AFNOR, Mrs Mélanie Raimbault
The Chairperson is Dr Bernard Gindroz
The SF-SSCC has just started the activities which are built upon the results and recommendations produced by the Coordination Group that preceded.
Smart and Sustainable Coordination Group Report - full version (pdf format)
Smart and Sustainable Coordination Group Report - summary (pdf format)
The SF-SSCC will meet twice a year, implement the work plan of activities and organise open workshops/events to raise awareness on standardization for smart and sustainable cities.
Please contact Mr Constant Kohler for any question.