More than 50 technical bodies deal with the Machinery safety sector. The list is expanding regularly to include new areas.
List of Technical Bodies
A Sector Forum is a platform aiming at facilitating the exchange of information between the different stakeholders, coordinating and identifying the standardization needs in a specific field of CEN work.
CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum on Machinery Safety
The aims of the CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum on Machinery Safety are to:
- coordinate the industrial sector needs as expressed within the CEN technical committees which deal with the standardization activities in the safety of machinery field;
- provide solutions to the problems that are common across the 'Safety of Machinery Sector' and which arise during the standardization work;
- identify new issues and analyze latest trends affecting safety of machinery;
- interface with safety of machinery actions that come from the European Commission/European Free Trade Association and the European Parliament;
- monitor and communicate the sectoral activities on machinery safety in CEN and CENELEC;
- identify and meet the sector needs.
The structure of the CEN-CENELEC Sector Forum on Machinery Safety is the following:
Sector Rapporteur (Mr G. Steiger - VDMA, DE)
Safety of Machinery Advisory Nucleus (SMS AN)
the wider sector at large, i.e. the community of sector partners
The Rapporteur represents the sector in the CEN and CENELEC Technical Boards.
The SMS AN is constituted and chaired by the Sector Rapporteur and comprises a balanced representation from the community of sector partners.
Meetings: The Safety of Machinery Sector Advisory Nucleus (SMS AN) meets up to twice a year to discuss important issues relevant for standardization in the field of machinery safety.
Mandates under the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC (pdf format)
- M/396 (2006) Mandate addressed to CEN, CENELEC for Standardization in the field of machinery;
- M/471 (2010) - Mandate addressed to CEN for standardization in the field of machinery for pesticide application;
Mandate under the Directive 2009/128/EC (pdf format)
- M/435 (2008) for the development of a standards on inspection of pesticide application equipment in use;