Find out how standards help SMEs:
- by promoting profitability and sustainable growth, and help boost productivity;
- drive down costs;
- effectively meet legal responsibilities.
The ability to demonstrate compliance with widely recognized and respected standards is an effective means to differentiate your business in a competitive marketplace. In addition, manufacturing products or supplying services to appropriate standards can maximize compatibility with those manufactured or offered by others, thereby increasing potential sales and acceptance.
As consumers become increasingly informed about their choices, conformity to recognized standards is an important marketing tool for business.
Standards can help you to address these issues:
- Sustainability - to manage environmental, social and economic impacts
- Business continuity - to ensure availability of critical business functions
- Innovation - to ensure compatibility and interoperability
- Services - to enhance customer service and satisfaction
- Health and safety - to protect people against risks
- Quality - to achieve professional operations and deliver high quality services
Discover more on standardization’s benefits for SMEs:
Find out more
To help identify relevant standards, you can learn what each standard enables you to do by consulting its "scope":
Go to the next step: Find information on how to keep up to date about standards