When: Monday 22 October 2018
Where: CEN-CENELEC Management Centre, rue de la Science 23, 1040 Brussels [map]
Programme: download the final programme, together with some food for thought.
Registration: the workshop is fully booked.
Follow the workshop online: to expand the possibility to participate we will be hosting this event also online via a webinar. Please register yourself using the link.
Following your registration to the webinar, you will receive the link to participate online. Since every link is unique, please do not share this link with other participants!
Organizers: CEN-CENELEC and Construction Products Europe
Contact: Padmaja KAMATH, Project Manager - Manufacturing, Standardization & Digital Solutions
Tel: +32 2 550 09 47
The one-day workshop includes:
- a discussion on lessons learnt from past non-citations of harmonized standards in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU);
- an informative presentation on recent updates within the construction sector related to mandates and standards;
- the provision of guidance to the technical experts for drafting of Harmonized European Standards (hENs) in support of CPR (e.g. classes and thresholds and dangerous substances).
Action 5 of the ‘Joint Initiative on Standardisation’ (JIS) under the Single Market Strategy, aims at aiding the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation - CPR (EU) 305/2011 - through standards. One of the focal points under this JIS action concerns the provision of guidance to standardizers working within the construction sector to ensure a common understanding on the role of harmonized standards in the CPR context.
- NSB/NC Staff;
- Technical Committee Chairs;
- Technical Committee Secretaries;
- Working Group Convenors;
- Industry Experts;
- Partner/Liaison Organizations;
- other interested parties