When: Monday 22 October 2018
Where: CEN-CENELEC Management Centre, rue de la Science 23, 1040 Brussels [map]
Programme & Presentations: download the programme with presentation links.
Organizers: CEN-CENELEC and Construction Products Europe
Contact: Padmaja KAMATH, Project Manager - Manufacturing, Standardization & Digital Solutions
Tel: +32 2 550 09 47
The one-day workshop included:
- a discussion on lessons learnt from past non-citations of harmonized standards in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU);
- an informative presentation on recent updates within the construction sector related to mandates and standards;
- the provision of guidance to the technical experts for drafting of Harmonized European Standards (hENs) in support of CPR (e.g. classes and thresholds and dangerous substances).
Action 5 of the ‘Joint Initiative on Standardisation’ (JIS) under the Single Market Strategy, aims at aiding the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation - CPR (EU) 305/2011 - through standards. One of the focal points under this JIS action concerns the provision of guidance to standardizers working within the construction sector to ensure a common understanding on the role of harmonized standards in the CPR context.
- NSB/NC Staff;
- Technical Committee Chairs;
- Technical Committee Secretaries;
- Working Group Convenors;
- Industry Experts;
- Partner/Liaison Organizations;
- other interested parties