When: Tuesday 7 February 2017 from 08:00 to 09:30 (CET)
Where: Brussels, European Parliament, Member Salon
For whom: on invitation only
Breakfast debate hosted by Marlene Mizzi MEP (S&D) - Rapporteur in the IMCO Committee on ‘European standards - implementation of Regulation (EU) No 1025/2012’.
This event offers a unique opportunity for an open discussion on some key challenges for European Standardization included in the European Commission Communication like the need for a single coherent approach towards standardization from European Institutions in support of global competitiveness of European industry, including SMEs, and protection and welfare of citizens.
Live streaming of the debate
Join the live streaming of this high-level exchange at the European Parliament tomorrow from the Facebook page of MEP Marlene Mizzi (S&D) and rapporteur for the Report in the IMCO Committee!
Hashtag for this debate: #Standards4XXI
Key challenges to be addressed:
- the impact of digital transformation on industry and the daily life of citizens;
- an effective and transparent market for services;
- timely citation of references of harmonised standards in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Contributing to the debate will be:
- Members of the European Parliament;
- the European Commission;
- European Standardization Organizations;
- national standardization organizations;
- European business and societal stakeholder organizations.
CEN and CENELEC contact person: Alberto Simeoni