When: 26 October 2016
Where: Brussels - Hotel Bloom
For whom: European associations and federations, industry, service providers and users, policy makers, CEN and CENELEC Members
Presentations and livestream
The CEN and CENELEC stakeholder workshop, on 26 October 2016 in Brussels, welcomed over 80 participants during this intensive one-day event with key-notes, break-out sessions and a final panel discussion. The input from these activities will contribute to shape the European strategy for standardization in support of the services sector.
To ensure timely support to European service standardization needs, CEN and CENELEC, under the leadership of the CEN Vice- President Policy, Scott Steedman, and the Chair of the CEN-CENELEC Strategic Advisory Group on Services (SAGS), Javier Garcia, hosted an intensive one day event with key industry representatives to:
- define the state of play and challenges for European businesses to improve their competitiveness and offer their services across borders;
- establish a clustering of potential solutions and priorities;
- outline standardisation solutions missing to unlock the potential of the service market.
The event looked at fine-tuning a strategy for standardization in support of services.
Presentations for download:
From product to services – the market context
Stakeholder panel discussions - view the livestream
Panel: Challenges for the service sector
This panel brings together the views of representatives of key stakeholders of the service economy and the opinion of the audience using the results of the breakout session.
CHAIR: Scott Steedman, Vice-President Policy CEN
• Angela Saxby, Chief Technologist for Hybrid IT – HPE, Hewlett Packard Enterprises
• Robert Thilthorpe, Technical Manager – FIA, Fire Industry Association
• Arnold Pindar, President – ANEC, European Consumer Voice in Standardization
• Christoph Klenner, Secretary General – ETTSA, European Technology and Travel Services Association
Closing panel discussion : standardization strategy – Action plan to support the service sector
During this panel, the speakers will shared the results of breakout sessions and discuss priority actions at European level to help drive service standardization forward.
CHAIR: Javier Garcia Diaz, Chair of the CEN Strategic Advisory Group on Services
• Maria Rehbinder, Head of Unit Business to Business – DG GROW, European Commission
• Belinda Cleeland, Team Leader Technical Policy – ISO, International Organization for Standardization
• Tim Krögel, Board Member – SBS, Small Business Standards
• Catherine Piana, Director General – CoESS, Confederation of European Security Services
• Norman Rose, Director – UK Trade Facilitation