The CEN and CENELEC decided in 2017 to have a more direct dialogue with industry and to establish an Industry Advisory Forum (IAF) with an advisory role. The aim of IAF is to provide a platform for dialogue on standardization with the industry: it will identify standardization-relevant priority topics for industry on which CEN and CENELEC can further act.
After a careful selection process based on a set of criteria defined to ensure balanced and due representation, the 16 Members of the IAF were appointed amongst a pool of 36 nominees proposed by the CEN and CENELEC Members. The selection was also based on the experts’ particular experience and knowledge in relevant areas, such as electrical and industrial power grid, construction industry, steel, digital industries, automotive industry, as well as civil aviation security. The first meeting of the IAF will take place on 16 October, under the leadership of the CEN and CENELEC Vice Presidents Policy.
For more information,please contact Andreea Gulacsi
CEN-CENELEC Industry Advisory Forum Appointed Members
- Karl-Heinz Mayer Director Innovation, Codes and Standards Eaton Industries
- Wim De Kesel Group VP, Standardization Legrand / CECAPI
- Karsten Duer, Director, Global Standardisation and Product Regulation Velux
- Ilari Aho, Vice President, New Business Development & CSR Uponor Corporation
- Bernard Le Bris, Standardization Responsible Renault – Nissan Alliance
- Yann Fromont, Vice-President Innovation, Schneider / T&D Europe
- Klaus Pöllath, Executive Board Member, Ed. Züblin AG
- Andreas Starke, General Manager IT & Standards, HARTING Stiftung & Co.
- Uwe Wiesner, Head of Corporate IP, Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft
- Filomena d’Arcangelo, Environment and Technical Legislation Director, Federazione ANIE
- Ingebjørg Harto, Director, Confederation of Norwegian Enterprise
- Mircea Tudor CEO Tudor Scan Tech SA MB TELECOM Ltd
- Andres Barceló, Director General, UNESID
- Anders G Lindberg, Director Research & Development Cooperation, Scania CV
- Bert Nagtegaal, Product Regulation Standardization & Conformity Assessment, FME - Federation of enterprises in the technological industrial sector, Orgalime
- Christopher Buxton, CEO, British Fluid Power Association
A picture from the AIF Kick-Off meeting on 16 October 2018
Article date: 2018-10-04