CEN and CENELEC sometimes sign Cooperation Agreements with the National Standardization Bodies of some key trade partners of Europe. These agreements first facilitate the exchange of information and support alignment in the framework of ISO and IEC, and may entail technical cooperation as a complementary means to foster alignment.
Concretely, these Cooperation Agreements vary in objectives and activities. They are tailored to the specific needs expressed by the Members of CEN and/or CENELEC and to those of the partners. They may also evolve over time, to adapt potential changes in expectations.
Below is the list of the Cooperation Agreements signed by CEN, CENELEC and their partners, as well as the text of the Cooperation Agreements, and some highlights and milestones of the ongoing close cooperation.
- Cooperation Agreements with the Japanese Industrial Standards Committee (JISC): full text of the agreement (pdf format)
- Cooperation Agreements with the Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (KATS): full text of the agreement (pdf format)
- Cooperation Agreements with the Federal Agency for Technical Regulating and Metrology (Rosstandart): more info
- Cooperation Agreements with the Standardization Administration of the People's Republic of China (SAC): more info
- Cooperation Agreements with the Standards Council of Canada (SCC): more info