While Covid-19 continues to affect the world with specific restrictions and social distancing measures, the CEN-CENELEC Management Centre is taking measures regarding technical meetings and governance meetings planned until 31st December 2020.
These measures aim to safeguard the health and wellbeing of people in the CEN and CENELEC communities while providing certainty and supporting business continuity of our organizations.
CEN and CENELEC Governance Meetings
- The Presidential Committee (2020-10-13) and the Administrative Board Meetings (2020-11-25) will be organized in a hybrid way. The Presidents welcome Officers, Board Members and 2021 elected Board Members to join the meetings in Brussels and also offer online functionalities to ensure travel restrictions do not jeopardise the attendance. A dinner will be organized on the evenings of the PC meeting and the CAs Meeting respecting social distance and safety measures.
- The General Assemblies (2020-11-26) with the common session open to Partners, will be organized online, Officers and Board members may join the meetings in Brussels, if possible.
- All other Governing Bodies Meetings will be only virtual, including the CEN and CENELEC BTs (2020-09-29/30 and 2020-10-01)
Trainings and Workshops
- All CEN and CENELEC workshops and trainings are organized virtually.
CEN and CENELEC Meeting Centre
- CEN and CENELEC Meeting Centre remains open and physical technical meetings can be organized where social distancing as well as other prevention measures are respected.
- The decision to call for a physical, hybrid or virtual meeting remains the responsibility of the secretariat in coordination with the chair, after assessment of the group composition and the respective travel restrictions. Additional safety, measures are in place and can be consulted online under Meeting Centre.
- You can also find further guidance on Web Conference services to implement these decisions
For those traveling to Brussels
- Please refer to the website of the Belgian authorities for specific travel restrictions. The information provided on the website is updated daily at 16h.
- Safety and sanitary measures are implemented in the meeting centre, respecting social distancing. The wearing of a community mask is mandatory when circulating around, including in the elevators and during any discussion with colleagues when the safe distancing of 1,5 m cannot be respected.
- Timely registration to the meetings is essential to ensure its smooth functioning. Please respect the deadlines as establish in the invitations.
The CEN and CENELEC senior management team opted for a two-step approach for a partial return to onsite operations at CCMC:
- From 1 June until 28 August, employees were divided in three groups to reduce occupancy when working onsite 1 day/week, on a rotational basis;
- Starting 31 August and until the end of the year, all employees are clustered in two groups, working onsite 1 to 2 days/week;
- Measures will be reviewed for January 2021, subject to the guidance of the Belgian authorities.