In 2020, we will continue the organisation of the "Webinars for standard drafters" of interest of all persons drafting CEN & CENELEC standards. These webinars aim primarily Technical Body Secretaries and TC Working Group convenors.
Through these webinars we will achieve a common understanding of the drafting rules and the related procedures. This is also an ideal opportunity for CCMC editors to better understand TCs' expectations and strengthen working relationships with Technical Bodies.
Our 2020 calendar will have a main focus on drafting standards for XML.
20 February 2020 - Standards in XML: Where to start with XML
Scope: A comprehensive info session covering the aspects of standards-related XML, focusing on what XML is, how we use it, and why the quality of first-delivery drafts is so important.
28 APRIL - Drafting for XML: How to draft the perfect XML standard
- Scope: During this webinar, you will learn about the different templates available. Presenters will explain why styling is so important and what happens when the XML goes wrong. You will learn about the possible error messages and how to avoid them.
- Register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5071117356852176908
28 MAY - Drafting for XML: Technical requirements for Figures
This webinar will detail the technical requirements on figures. It will show the attendees how to use the quality-check tool on Projex-Online, and will explain why the requirements are in place. It will also cover the rejection of texts due to poor quality or missing figures.
JUNE - Drafting for XML: Normative references and in-text citations
The attendees will learn about the requirements for normative references, as described in the Internal Regulations Part 3, but also how to write them for XML. Additional coverage of writing in-text citations of:
- Clause references
- Specific standards (dated and undated)
- References to Figures, tables and annexes
September - How to draft XML-friendly tables
Webinar on drafting tables which are perfect for XML, covering:
- nested tables
- complex tables and applicable error messages
- long cells
- table layout (title before table)
- figures contained in tables – naming, etc
October - Formulae and equations
This webinar will explain all the rules surrounding formulae and equations, such as:
- use of Math Type
- how to avoid excessive use of formulae within paragraphs of text
- rules at publication stage
November - Annexes
Webinar of 30 minutes on drafting annexes and how to refer to them in line with the Internal Regulations Part 3.
December - In-check procedure
Webinar on new transmission notice, rejection of texts, harmonised standards.
Past webinars presentations and Questions & Answers: