To celebrate this year’s World Standards Day, CEN, CENELEC, ETSI and the European Commission’s DG GROW will hold a tweetchat on the topic ‘Standards meet the future’ on Monday 15 October 2018. For one hour, from 11.00 AM to 12.00 PM CEST, public authorities, industry, experts, societal stakeholders and standardization bodies will exchange views on how standards can contribute to a more competitive Single Market, oriented towards the future.
The tweetchat takes place in the context of the celebrations of the 25th Anniversary of the European Single Market, and is dedicated to analysing how ‘Standards meet the future’. The objective is to foster a conversation on the value of European standards to make the Single Market globally competitive and open to innovation, for businesses and citizens alike, in the framework of industry 4.0.
During the tweetchat, the participating organizations will look to engage with stakeholders on the following questions:
- 25 years of the Single Market, a success story also thanks to standards?
- Is it important to coordinate horizontally between all fields in standardization?
- Industry 4.0 – how can standards make it a success and ensure European competitiveness?
- Is the current European Standardization System fit for purpose for the future challenges?
- What kind of collaboration at international level would be necessary to enhance standardization?
- How can standards support existing and new Free Trade Agreements (Japan, CETA,…)
Participating to the discussion is easy: follow us on Twitter @Standards4EU and use the hashtag #WSD2018. The tweetchat is open to everyone, including consumers, policy makers, industry and the standards community.
More information on the tweetchat is available here.
Contact: Els SOMERS
Project Manager – Strategy & Governance
CEN and CENELEC