European industry is rapidly transforming through the adoption of a wide range of innovative and digital technologies. Traditional sectors of the economy, including those which were not previously significant digital users, have needs that require standardization responses.
“We are living in a very exciting time, a time of evolution for industry where intelligent manufacturing has to be supported by advanced standards.” (Quote from Dr Bernhard Thies, Chairman of the Presidential Committee of CEN and CENELEC).
To guarantee a flexible and timely response, supported by European standardization, CEN and CENELEC have adopted a Strategic Plan for Digital Transformation with two key focuses:
- Make standards for the digital economy;
- Digitally transform CEN and CENELEC.
Supporting pilot projects will address the priorities of the strategic plan:
- Ensuring CEN and CENELEC meet industry needs for digital transformation.
- Digitizing our standards-making process and deliverables.
- Making the CEN and CENELEC system more agile and adaptable to market and technology innovations.
- Engaging digital natives and professionals.
Download the press release in pdf format.
CEN-CENELEC Management Centre
T: +32 2 550 08 48