When: Thursday 12 July 2018 from 10:00 to 16:00
Where: CEN-CENELEC Management Centre, Rue de la Science 23, 1040 Brussels
For whom: CEN and CENELEC Technical Body Officers, experts involved in specific tasks related to harmonized standards
Registration: Participation is free, but online registration is obligatory
Programme: please read the programme.
Regulation EU 1025/2012 on European Standardization aims at strengthening the use of standardization in support of EU Policies and Regulation in support of the European Single Market. While the main principles remain the same, the process for a European Standard to become a harmonized European Standard (hEN) cited in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) and conferring such Presumption of Conformity, has strongly evolved.
This Workshop intends to bring the standardization up to speed with the new processes and requirements.
One-day workshop on preparation of Harmonized Standards, during which participants will be provided with the latest developments regarding the preparation of CEN & CENELEC Standards to be cited in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU), such as:
- the updates on the HAS consultant system,
- specific elements in harmonized standards (annexes ZA/ZZ, normative references, risk assessment,..)
- and specific actions undertaken by the CEN and CENELEC Technical Boards.
The main focus will be on how these changes impact the work of CEN and CENELEC technical bodies.
- being up-to-date with regards to all developments impacting the harmonized standards development process;
- having a possibility to discuss about the practical implementation of latest changes for CEN and CENELEC Technical Body Officers and experts;
- learn how to find guidance and easily track any further development.