When: 18-19 September 2017
Where: MCE Conference & Business Centre, Brussels, Belgium
Registration: free of charge
Programme: available soon
Download the leaflet of the SATORI conference (png format)
After four years of in-depth investigation of procedures, standards, and principles in ethics assessment of research and innovation (R&I), across different scientific disciplines, institutions, and countries, the EU-funded FP7 SATORI project seeks to bring together all relevant stakeholder groups and experts to look at the future trends in the ethics of R&I.
The conference will present and discuss state-of-the-art developments in research ethics assessment and the ethics of technological innovation. It will feature leading ethicists, researchers, innovators, and representatives from policy organisations, research funding organisations, industry, civil society, science media, and academia.
The conference will discuss:
- Current ethical problems and issues in research and innovation (R&I)
- Standards, frameworks, and methods for enhancing ethics assessment of R&I
- Ways to support the activities of research ethics committees
- Policies to strengthen ethical R&I practices in the European Union and beyond
- Ethics of R&I for universities, industry, research funding organisations, and civil society organisations
- Ethics of R&I in the humanities and social sciences, the engineering sciences, the computer and information sciences, the natural sciences, and the medical and life sciences
- Methods for promoting social responsibility in R&I i.e, ethical impact assessment
The conference will present, inter alia, the results of the SATORI project that see to enhance ethics assessment of research and innovation in the EU and beyond.
The SATORI project is a 45-month project on ethics assessment of research and innovation (R&I) supported by the European Commission through its FP7 funding scheme. SATORI comprises 16 partners from 12 countries and is co-ordinated by the University of Twente in the Netherlands.
Follow the SATORI project on Twitter: @SATORI_EU
Visit SATORI website