On 13 November 2019, CEN and CENELEC, the European Standards Organization, is proud to organize the high-level flagship event “Boosting innovation through standards” conference 2019, which aims to accelerate the market uptake of research and innovation (R&I) outcomes by using standardization as an enabler.
The conference offers an opportunity for new types of businesses, including startups and SMEs, to network and gain insights on:
- speeding up the adoption of research and innovation outcomes;
- generating trust for innovative ideas;
- driving business scaling across markets.
Over 40 high-level speakers, including:
- Key note speech by Kirsten Dunlop, Chief Executive Officer, EIT Climate-KIC - on driving innovation.
- Peter Dröll, Director for Prosperity, Directorate-General Research and Innovation, European Commission – On how standardization supports European Market Growth.
- Vincent Laflèche, President of CEN – On Standards and Innovation
- Tom Oostrom, Managing Director, Dutch Kidney Foundation – On how standards helped me
First-ever “Standards + Innovation Award 2019”
CEN and CENELEC has set the first-ever “Standards + Innovation Award 2019” to publicly acknowledge the important contribution of research and innovation to standardization.
With the rise of new businesses, new products and services can benefit better in compatibility and interoperability through the contributions of researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs to standardization.
Tomorrow, 13 November 2019, CEN and CENELEC will award two of the Standards + Innovation Award 2019 from the 19 nominees from various European SMEs and Startups.