More than 50 technical bodies deal with the Machinery safety sector. The list is expanding regularly to include new areas.
A Sector Forum is a platform aiming at facilitating the exchange of information between the different stakeholders, coordinating and identifying the standardization needs in a specific field of CEN work.
Safety of Machinery Sector Network
The aims of the Safety of Machinery Sector Network are to:
- coordinate the industrial sector needs as expressed within the CEN technical committees which deal with the standardization activities in the safety of machinery field;
- provide solutions to the problems that are common across the 'Safety of Machinery Sector' and which arise during the standardization work;
- identify new issues and analyze latest trends affecting safety of machinery;
- interface with safety of machinery actions that come from the European Commission/European Free Trade Association and the European Parliament;
- monitor and communicate the 'Safety of Machinery Sector' activities in the CEN System;
- identify and meet the sector needs.
The structure of the Safety of Machinery Sector Network is the following:
Sector Rapporteur (Mr G. Steiger - VDMA, DE)
Safety of Machinery Advisory Nucleus (SMS AN)
the wider sector at large, i.e. the community of sector partners
The Rapporteur represents the sector in the CEN Technical Board.
The SMS AN is constituted and chaired by the Sector Rapporteur and comprises a balanced representation from the community of sector partners.
Meetings: The Safety of Machinery Sector Advisory Nucleus (SMS AN) meets up to twice a year to discuss important issues relevant for standardization in the field of machinery safety.