The aim of the CEN-CENELEC Guide 17 is to raise awareness on the issues that may be of importance to SMEs in the development of standards and to facilitate the increased participation of SMEs in standardization work.
The CEN-CENELEC Guide 17 proposes several strategies to address SME needs in the standards drafting process. It features:
- information on the preparation of new work items;
- issues to be considered when drafting a standard;
- developing the content of the standard;
- the structure and presentation of the content;
- the implications resulting from standards;
- a final checklist helping standard writers to take into account SME needs.
To make it easier for standard writers and SMEs to read and apply the CEN-CENELEC Guide 17, various language versions of the guide are provided below free for download. For more information on standardization please see the website(s) of your national standardization body – either multi-sectoral (CEN) or electrotechnical (CENELEC).
For more information and/or clarifications to standards writers on the content of Guide 17 and on its implementation, please contact the SME Guide contact point at NORMAPME and/or visit NORMAPME's SME Guide contact point's webpage.
Download now the Guide 17 (SME standardization guide) by cliking on your country of belonging: