Standards can enhance the economic value of your research and innovation project.
Do you think you need standards in relation to your research project but don't know where to start?
If you answer 'yes' to any one of the questions below you may need to seriously think about standards:
- Will your R&D results need to be compatible and interoperable with other technologies?
- Do you intend to bring your research results to the market?
- Will you need to ensure reliability and comparability of your R&D activity or result?
- Does your project intend to have a long-term impact?
- Do your results have a potential European or international market application?
- Would you like to display some kind of mark of product or process quality?
- Will any products or processes arising from your project be of interest for public procurement?
- Will you need to reassure consumers and others regarding the safety of your innovation?
The possible interactions and benefits between Research and Standardization have been qualified by the CEN and CENELEC STAIR working group as the “Integrated Approach”. The Integrated Approach ensures that standardization is considered in the whole research cycle.
The Integrated Approach aims at:
- raising awareness of the benefits of standardization in the research and innovation process
- transferring research results and outcomes of innovation activities into standardization
- fully exploiting the role of standards for research and innovation activities in order to increase the competitiveness of the EU
Interested to learn more? Explore our webpages or get in touch with the CEN-CENELEC Research Helpdesk.